Entrepreneurial training and development can be defined as “a programme designed to help an individual in strengthening his entrepreneurial motive and in acquiring skill and capabilities necessary for playing his entrepreneurial role effectively. It is necessary to promote his understanding of motives and their impact on entrepreneurial values and behavior for this purpose.
The participants are exposed to a general knowledge of entrepreneurship such as factors affecting small-scale industries, the role of entrepreneur in economic development, entrepreneurial behavior and the facilities available for establishing small-scale enterprises.
The Training inputs under this aim at Inducing and increasing the need for achievement among the participants. This is in fact , a crucial input of entrepreneurship training. Efforts are made to inject confidence and positive attitude and behaviors among the participants towards business.
It ultimately tries to make the participants to start their own business enterprise after the completion of the training programme
Successful entrepreneur are invited to speak about their experience in setting up and running a business which will give motivation to the participants.
Further more, Running a business, large (or) small, requires managerial skill. Since a small entrepreneur can’t employ a manager he should be imparted with the requisite managerial techniques in the functional areas like finance, production and marketing. Knowledge of managerial skill enables an entrepreneur to run his entreprise smoothly and successfully.
In order to familiarize the participants with real life situation in small business, plant visits are arranged. Such trips helps the participants know more about an entrepreneur behavior personality, thoughts and aspiration. These influence him to behave accordingly to run his enterprise smoothly and successfully.
The ultimate objective of entrepreneurship training programme is to make the trainee prepared to start this own enterprise after the completion of the training programme. This is the measure of success levels of the EDP
The objective of an entrepreneurial development programme (EDP) may be divided into two categories short-term objective, and long-term objectives.
Short – Term Objectives:
They imply the objectives, which are to be achieved immediately, after the completion of the programme. Preparing a person mentally for the entrepreneurial venture, making him competent to scan the environment and situation within the existing regulatory framework are the short-term objectives. In brief, short-term objectives are to help a participant in the fixation of his goal as an entrepreneurisation.
Long – Term Objectives:
In the long run, an entrepreneurial development programme seeks to equip the participant with all the skills required for the establishment and smooth running of business ventures. The ultimate objectives are that the participant under training should establish his own venture.
Having discussed the significant aspects involved in entrepreneurship development programme,it is pertinent to highlight the objectives of ETD .
Objectives of Entrepreneurial Training and Development (ETD)
- To let him set & reset the objectives for his business and work individually and along with his group for the realization of them.
- To prepare him for accepting to totally unfore seen risks of business for a long time after such training & development
- To enable him to take strategic decision
- To enable him to build and integrate team equal to the demands of tomorrow
- To communicate fast, clearly & effectively
- To develop a broad vision to see the business as a whole and to integrate his function with it
- To enable him to relate his product and industry to the total environment; to find what is significant in it and to take it into account in his decision and actions
- To enable him cope up and co-ordinate the different types of paper work, most of which is statutorily obligatory
- To make him subscribe to industrial democracy that is, accepting workers as partners in enterprise and,
- To strengthen his passion for integrity, honesty and compliance with the law which is the key to success in the long-run.
11. To let him set & reset the objectives for his business and work individually and along with his group for the realization of them.
12. To prepare him for accepting to totally unforeseen risks of business for a long time after such training & development
13 To enable him to take strategic decision.
14 To enable him to build and integrate team equal to the demands of tomorrow
15 To communicate fast, clearly & effectively
16To develop a broad vision to see the business as a whole and to integrate his function with it
17.To enable him to relate his product and industry to the total environment; to find what is significant in it and to take it into account in his decision and actions.
From the above disscussion, it is clear that, Entrepreneurial training and development is an organized and systematic effort. It is now regarded as a tool and a solution to unemployment problem. The significant aspect involved in the entrepreneurial training and development is to motivate a person for entrepreneurial career to make him capable ,perceiving and exploiting successful opportunities forthe enterprises.